Medical Record CD Burner
The Revolutionary, Automated Solution to Produce ROI and RAC Copies on a Permanently-labeled Disc
Dramatic Cost Savings!
Works with any EMR
Centralized Tracking for HIPAA
Eliminate Human Errors!
Greatly Streamlines Workflow
Eliminates All Manual Processes
Loads, Burns, Encrypts, Tracks
Indelibly Labels Discs
Encrypted Medical Record CD Burn
DISCO® – Digital secure copy – a cost-effective, easy to use network printing solution to search, compile and digitally copy medical records or images to portable, secure and thermally printed compact disc (CD or DVD) for distribution. DISCO® integrates with any practice management system (PMS), electronic medical records system (EMR) or electronic health records system (EHR) that complies with HIPAA and HL7 standards. DISCO® also supports the use of manually scanned paper documents.
Features of DISCO®-Digital Secure Copy:
- Logging request of Information (ROI) helps in auditing and analyzing the requested details and generating reports.
- Extensive search capabilities aid in hastening the process of finding the right data.
- Supports the compilation of files of a variety of formats and an easy centralized view of the files to be copied onto the CD/DVD.
- Configurable Labels and CD space management are some of the exciting options offered while copying files on a CD.
- A unique integration with CD publishing hardware and software offers you unmatched automation of heavy volume copy capabilities.
Benefits of DISCO®-Digital Secure Copy:
- The automation of patient data collection ensures faster, smoother, secure and accurate delivery of information on compact disks.
- Support for Practices that do not have an EMR system allows the copying of scanned images of manual patient charts.
- HIPAA and HL7 standards compliant.
- User-friendly and widely accepted as it uses CDs for data handling.
- Cost effective when compared to the cost associated with the making of paper copies.
- Security and the privacy of data are ensured by preventing unauthorized access and is compliant with HIPAA regulations.
- Reduction in turnaround time with the enhanced capability of handling large volumes
- Interfaces with any PMS/EMR, Department / Specialty system that is compliant with HL7 standards
“After the VA Choice Act, we have seen an huge increase on requests for discs. Thank goodness for your system”
J.P. – Tech VA Healthcare System
Frequently Asked Questions
Does patient information reside on this system? Is it secure?
DISCO® acts just like your department’s paper printer on the hospital network. Thus, no confidential patient records are saved, nor accessible on the DISCO® system, after CD production is completed.
Is there any flexibility when assigning encryption codes and passwords?
DISCO® has the option of creating discs using a simple password, or no password at all. Preferences and permissions can be set up system-wide, or for an individual user or administrator.
Does the software need to be installed on my EMR? On my network?
DISCO® is simply another network printer and operates completely independent from your hospital EMR, HIS, or RIS System.
Will DISCO® work with my EMR?
DISCO® resides on your hospital network as a “network printer.” DISCO® will work with any EMR that has the ability to print files.
We are already burning CD’s with our EMR, why would we need DISCO®?
While most EMRs have the ability to manually burn and some can encrypt individual CD’s, nothing is automated. Users must load, burn, encrypt and label discs by hand – creating potential liability due to human error Additionally, there is no central database that tracks all of the discs created (who processed, when, how many, etc.) – also a potential liability. DISCO® does all of the burning, encrypting, HIPAA tracking, and logging of each disc created, within its own database.
We get a lot of RAC Audit Requests. How does DISCO® handle these types of requests?
Users simply select multiple patient files to be burned to DISCO®. There is no limit to the number or size of files that can be burned to an encrypted CD. For very large files, DISCO® has the option to burn to DVD.
What happens if the patient forgets or loses the encryption code?
All encryption codes are tracked in the DISCO® database. A very simple query can pull up the encryption code for a previously
burned CD and re-e-mailed or printed for a recipient.
We use paper because most of our patients are seniors; they are not tech-savvy enough to use a CD?
Though many patients that request medical records are seniors, it is usually the caregiver that handles these issues with a senior patient. Recent census studies show that over 90% of households in the US own a computer. Caregivers will appreciate receiving all the records in one compact disc and being able to get multiple copies inexpensively.
How does the encryption code get to the recipient?
Passwords/encryption codes are sent to the recipient of the disc either by printing & mailing or e-mailing via Outlook. Triggers
to print/e-mail the password are activated during the process of burning the CD.
How do I justify the cost of this system?
Not only does DISCO® save money in printing and paper costs, but it streamlines your workflow, so your staff’s time can be allocated to other tasks. By automating the process, DISCO® takes away potential liability by eliminating human error.